Italian Climate Network – Women, Rights and Climate Section
Born as an in-depth column in 2015, the success of the "Women, Rights and Climate" initiative has turned its activity into a stable Section of Italian Climate Network (ICN). The group is working to carry out activities aimed at analysing the link between climate change and human rights, with a defined focus on gender issues. The goal is to raise awareness on this topic, developing a new consciousness about the complexity of climate change’s consequences.
I am the Coordinator of the Women, Rights and Climate Section of Italian Climate Network and I am responsible for all its activities. Projects and initiatives developed for the Section:
- Production of articles and editorial series of in-depth studies (Towards COP21, Climate Amazons, Earth Defenders, General In-depth Studies)
- Advocacy action development for the introduction of human rights principles in the Paris Agreement implementation
- Collaboration with the Women & Gender Constituency during UNFCCC conferences
- Participation in the study session "Exploring gender equality in environmental projects" at the European Youth Center, organized by Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) in collaboration with the Council of Europe
- Participation in conferences for the development of new projects and partnerships ( "Climate change:what can/can't be fixed?" Birkbeck University 2016, OECD Global Forum on Development 2017, "Combating Climate Change: can global agreements, regulation or markets ever deliver?" Toulouse School of Economics 2017)
- Participation as registered partners in the Global Women's Call for Climate Justice campaign in 2015 and "Women's Act for Climate Justice: 10 days of mobilization" in 2016
For more information please visit Italian Climate Network’s website.